Thread: Fishing spots in Sawtell/Coffs Habour

Fishing spots in Sawtell/Coffs Habour

Hey guys!

Late bloomer on the fishing lifestyle and Iím travelling up to Coffs this weekend. Anyone have any recommendations for spots up there?

Thanks in advance!

Scott

Hey mate! Unfortunately I'm not too familiar with the area but as far as I'm aware, Macauley's Headlands and Diggers Head seem like fishable spots. Just remember to check up whether or not there are any restrictions around the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Will K View Post
    Hey mate! Unfortunately I'm not too familiar with the area but as far as I'm aware, Macauley's Headlands and Diggers Head seem like fishable spots. Just remember to check up whether or not there are any restrictions around the area.
    Thanks mate! Will look it up and see how it goes

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi Scott my apologies for the late reply, did you manage to find some spots?
    How did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph K View Post
    Hi Scott my apologies for the late reply, did you manage to find some spots?
    How did you go?
    Well I made the rookie mistake of not triple checking what I packed and realised I didnt pack a life vest so I ended up just fishing on the beach at sawtell just down the road from where I was staying. Didnt get to fish like I wanted but caught a few tailor which I can't complain. Dinner was good on Sunday night

Quote Originally Posted by SFAATZ View Post
    Well I made the rookie mistake of not triple checking what I packed and realised I didnt pack a life vest so I ended up just fishing on the beach at sawtell just down the road from where I was staying. Didnt get to fish like I wanted but caught a few tailor which I can't complain. Dinner was good on Sunday night

Unfortunate about the life jacket but well done going for the safe option and fish the beach. Better luck next time!
    Great results, they look delicious!