Thread: Which rod ?

Which rod ?

Hello everyone ! I`m writing here because my head is really exploding right now I hope guys you can help me

The spring is coming and I`m buying a new rod. Can you help me with a choice ? I am very between two shore jigging rods.

1. MajorCraft New Crostage Shore Jigging Series CRX-942SSJ - about 100 Euro

2. Palms ShoreGun Evolv SFSGS-992 SS - about 180 Euro

What do you think about it ? I read a lot about that MC is the best quality/price. Do you think it is worth to pay twice more for a shoregun ? (I`m ready to pay more too)

Is there Anyone with experience with these rods ?

Best regards
    Last edited by kAs-09; 25-01-18 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kAs-09 View Post
    Hello everyone ! I`m writing here because my head is really exploding right now I hope guys you can help me

The spring is coming and I`m buying a new rod. Can you help me with a choice ? I am very between two shore jigging rods.

1. MajorCraft New Crostage Shore Jigging Series CRX-942SSJ - about 100 Euro

2. Palms ShoreGun Evolv SFSGS-992 SS - about 180 Euro

What do you think about it ? I read a lot about that MC is the best quality/price. Do you think it is worth to pay twice more for a shoregun ? (I`m ready to pay more too)

Is there Anyone with experience with these rods ?

Best regards
    Hi Kas,

Nice to meet you and welcome to the Oziso forum.

Can I ask which reel you're going to be pairing this rod with? Also, how much experience do you have with shore jigging/spinning?

In my opinion, you should get the Palms ShoreGun Evolv. You will get the best value for the the amount you're paying. I have this rod paired with my Stella 4k / Saltiga 4500 and it works beautifully.

I think the MC works is a nice rod - of course, top of the range. But personally, I wouldn't get one when you can get two Palms for the same price!

Feel free to ask Gabriel or Jay for more information, they're the experts

Tight lines!

Hello !
    I will answer in points. It will be clearer for you.

1. Experience... hmm hard to say. I am not an expert but I like fishing. I don`t fish every day but I try to go to the water once a week. I don`t know if this answer is enough But I try to read a lot about shore jigging too. Anyways this is quite new method for me.
    2. I am going to buy DAIWA BG SW 3000 reel. But all other reel recommendations are welcomed
    3. Didn`t u twist names of rods ? :P You wrote " I wouldn't get one when you can get two Palms for the same price! " but I can get two MCs for the same price... So which one do you recommend and you have because you confused me
    Last edited by kAs-09; 25-01-18 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kAs-09 View Post
    Hello !
    I will answer in points. It will be clearer for you.

1. Experience... hmm hard to say. I am not an expert but I like fishing. I don`t fish every day but I try to go to the water once a week. I don`t know if this answer is enough But I try to read a lot about shore jigging too. Anyways this is quite new method for me.
    2. I am going to buy DAIWA BG SW 3000 reel. But all other reel recommendations are welcomed
    3. Didn`t u twist names of rods ? :P You wrote " I wouldn't get one when you can get two Palms for the same price! " but I can get two MCs for the same price... So which one do you recommend and you have because you confused me
    I would recommend the Majorcraft Skyroad or either the Palms Shore Gun F-Series. Or the Palms Evolv.

Welcome to the forums mate! From my knowledge, I believe that the Majorcraft Skyroad and the Palms Shore Gun F-Series are of similar value but considering that the Palms Shore Gun F has the same blank as the Shore Gun Evolv, I can vouch for the quality of the blank in the Shore Gun series. However the main difference is that the Skyroad and the Evolv has SIC guides whereas the F-Series has Alconite guides, the guides on the F series make for a slightly top heavy balance but nothing too noticeable.

Personally I prefer the Shore Gun series be it the F or the Evolv over the Skyroad but to each their own :P