Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Report: Returning to basics

Report: Returning to basics

After returning from Japan last week I had to go for a session as the cravings were getting on my nerves. With a fantastic swell of 3m outside, a king tide of 1.9m and a 20knot southerly wind there was nowhere to hide but good ol Parsley Bay in the harbour, so it was decided on PB.

Due to the bad weather everybody had no where to go and we fished with 10 people in total on the ledge. Ryan, Jay and I were running a bit late so the other boys went down first. As we got there Suwanto got a good bite which ended up being a nice ~45cm silver trevally that I net for Suwanto. Billy's father got busted off by something big, shame we didn't get to see what it was though. The fish was chunky and was a healthy specimen. Whilst I was walking around and chatting to people Suwanto's float went under and out came another trevally of similar size which was good to see. Keen to fish I started rigging up with a B free float rig on the IFL Excalibur Type 0 with #2 main and #1.7 leader. As I was rigging up Billy's float zipped right down and out came the largest for the day, a solid 50cm silver trevally. I finished rigging up and began to fish with the anticipation of some fish being around.

By the time Jay, Ryan and I rigged up the fishing had slowed down as the water was cold and the fishing was at a slump. I only managed to land 3 small bream/tarwhine casting towards the moored boats on a free float rig that was drifting in the burley. Although it wasn't a productive day it was still great to finally be out fishing again.

The trevally seem to prefer the first and light periods so for anybody chasing them make sure you hit the peak times! Burley will also keep them happy so always burley consistently to keep them interested.

Goodluck all!

Quote Originally Posted by Team.IFL.Gabriel View Post
    After returning from Japan last week I had to go for a session as the cravings were getting on my nerves. With a fantastic swell of 3m outside, a king tide of 1.9m and a 20knot southerly wind there was nowhere to hide but good ol Parsley Bay in the harbour, so it was decided on PB.

Due to the bad weather everybody had no where to go and we fished with 10 people in total on the ledge. Ryan, Jay and I were running a bit late so the other boys went down first. As we got there Suwanto got a good bite which ended up being a nice ~45cm silver trevally that I net for Suwanto. Billy's father got busted off by something big, shame we didn't get to see what it was though. The fish was chunky and was a healthy specimen. Whilst I was walking around and chatting to people Suwanto's float went under and out came another trevally of similar size which was good to see. Keen to fish I started rigging up with a B free float rig on the IFL Excalibur Type 0 with #2 main and #1.7 leader. As I was rigging up Billy's float zipped right down and out came the largest for the day, a solid 50cm silver trevally. I finished rigging up and began to fish with the anticipation of some fish being around.

By the time Jay, Ryan and I rigged up the fishing had slowed down as the water was cold and the fishing was at a slump. I only managed to land 3 small bream/tarwhine casting towards the moored boats on a free float rig that was drifting in the burley. Although it wasn't a productive day it was still great to finally be out fishing again.

The trevally seem to prefer the first and light periods so for anybody chasing them make sure you hit the peak times! Burley will also keep them happy so always burley consistently to keep them interested.

Goodluck all!
    Good to see them back Gab. I surely missed them with light line...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It was a very enjoyable session in the harbour. Thank you Gab and Jay, and others.

It was very good to see lots of chunky Trevs still passing by the area in great numbers.

Today wasn't my best day, but I managed to get one large fight which I suspect was a 40ish Trev in that short morning window. Unfortunately, the sneaky fish went under the right-sided structure which busted my leader off. I should've put my tension on my rod but it was an aggressive bite which I was not prepared for

Hopefully next time!

Quote Originally Posted by tiuscdl View Post
    Good to see them back Gab. I surely missed them with light line...

Good fun on light gear, I'll get one next time =P

Quote Originally Posted by krnofdrg View Post
    It was a very enjoyable session in the harbour. Thank you Gab and Jay, and others.

It was very good to see lots of chunky Trevs still passing by the area in great numbers.

Today wasn't my best day, but I managed to get one large fight which I suspect was a 40ish Trev in that short morning window. Unfortunately, the sneaky fish went under the right-sided structure which busted my leader off. I should've put my tension on my rod but it was an aggressive bite which I was not prepared for

Hopefully next time!
    Likewise Ben, good seeing you yesterday mate! Need to be quick and get them out of structure next time

Quote Originally Posted by krnofdrg View Post

Hopefully next time!
    U can't sleep. While fighting fish

Was very unprepped this session, only found out the session was on the night before at 11pm and that the target was Trevally haha. Got there a bit late after most of the action passed but still enjoyed pulling out little Tarwhines and leatherjacket.

First time fishing that particular point with 10 people. it was a war zone.

ISO Fishing Lifestyle Team

Homepage: http://isofishinglifestyle.com.au/
    ISO Fishing TV: www.youtube.com/user/IsoFishingTV
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/isofishing

heheheh had to keep the itch at bay aye G?
    welcome back

Quote Originally Posted by Team.IFL.Jay View Post
    Was very unprepped this session, only found out the session was on the night before at 11pm and that the target was Trevally haha. Got there a bit late after most of the action passed but still enjoyed pulling out little Tarwhines and leatherjacket.

First time fishing that particular point with 10 people. it was a war zone.
    Haha seriously we were fishing shoulder to shoulder XD. A very memorable day.

Quote Originally Posted by tiuscdl View Post
    U can't sleep. While fighting fish

Srsly didn't expect that bite, haha!

Nice work guys. Suwanto really is sifu level. Anyone can catch a fish or two, but to catch them that often, really shows the skill of an angler.
    I hope I can have a fish with him sometime.