Thread: Blackfish Sashimi by an ex Sushi Apprentice

Blackfish Sashimi by an ex Sushi Apprentice

The sashimi was done by the same family friend who did the drummer sashimi in my previous post. Although blackfish sashimi is amazingly delicious, personally I prefer drummer sashimi over blackfish but regardless, they both taste (and look) beautiful! I was given a little run down of how he does his sashimi but sadly I was only able to take mental notes so... off the top of my head, he mentioned that it's important to know if the fish has been ike jimed (a process of making the fish brain dead instantly), also that cutting with/against the grain of the flesh will produce a significant change in texture, the thickness of the slices and making sure to cut close to bone. There was definitely a lot more to it than just the points listed, I'll have to ask him again the next time I see him!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very high quality sashimi cuts.

ISO Fishing Lifestyle Team

Homepage: http://isofishinglifestyle.com.au/
    ISO Fishing TV: www.youtube.com/user/IsoFishingTV
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/isofishing

Wow that's some sifu skills there!
    When I sashimi fish and plate it up, everyone shouts out "shame....shame....shame!"

Quote Originally Posted by Team.IFL.Jay View Post
    Very high quality sashimi cuts.
    I'm sure that you know who it is At this rate we will have to make a separate Chef's only group haha!

Quote Originally Posted by whiskey View Post
    Wow that's some sifu skills there!
    When I sashimi fish and plate it up, everyone shouts out "shame....shame....shame!"
    That's why i don't even bother and just leave it up to the pros haha

Quote Originally Posted by Team.IFL.Gabriel View Post
    I'm sure that you know who it is At this rate we will have to make a separate Chef's only group haha!
    Every sushi chef has their own style and I knew whos sashimi this was the moment I saw the photo.

ISO Fishing Lifestyle Team

Homepage: http://isofishinglifestyle.com.au/
    ISO Fishing TV: www.youtube.com/user/IsoFishingTV
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/isofishing

Sensational. I'm pretty sure i know who this is. A real work of art. I hope i can learn off him one day

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk