Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Report 1/6/2017

Fishing Report 1/6/2017

Hello fellow Oziso fishermen, here's my report for a quick fishing sesh I had today.

The catch:
    1. 42cm Luderick.
    2. 32cm drummer.
    3. 30cm Crimsonband Wrasse (released).
    4. Southern Calamari.
    5. Released tonnes of small breams and drummers.

ISO set-up:
    1. Shimano Hyperforce BBX 3000 (new LBD reel... YAY).
    2. Marafuji F-Prix Multicolour line number 3.
    3. 8lb fluorocarbon leader.
    4. Number 10 hook and size 2.0 float.
    5. Big catch X-ISO 5.3m type 1.5 rod.

EGI set-up:
    1. Shimano Ci4 2500.
    2. PE 1.0 eging braid.
    3. Shimano Catana 802 rod.
    4. Yamashita Egino jig 3.5.
    5. 16lb fluorocarbon leader.

Tuesday is usually my fishing day so me and my mate decided to go for a morning fishing session in the Northern suburbs. Based on the weather forecasts, the swell and wind was predicted to be quite bad at our spot but we proceeded to view the ledge anyway as sometimes the weather forecasts are inaccurate.

At the outset of the session, the conditions seemed seemed. I quickly rigged my egi gear and was able to land a calamari on my second cast. However, I lost my favorite egino jig due to my negligence a few moments later as my jig had reached a very snaggy weed bed. Sadly, the wind and swell was building up by sunrise and it was way too dangerous and unbearable so we relocated to the harbour.

Surprisingly, our harbour spot was already packed with a group of professional Korean anglers who were ISO-fishing.

We quickly rigged up and started fishing. The ISO action was extremely slow in the first 30mins but the Korean anglers next to us were firing with chunky breams. We were quite pessimistic as we were getting very little bites in comparison.

Due to the slow action, I decided to move towards the next ledge which was extremely weedy and I felt that there would potentially be lots of ludericks and drummers there. Surprisingly, I was able to hook onto a chunky 42cm luderick which produced an intense fight. Moments later we hooked onto lots of smaller piggies and a crimson wrasse. The action was firing for the next hour or so and then the action died out so we wrapped-up the session.

Refections

Overall, it was a very rewarding session and I was stoked to hook onto some good piggies and blackies in the harbour. I also feel that I am becoming more confident with ISO fishing as I was able to utilize the LBD more effectively and was able to control the fishes quite well. I hope to land some more larger piggies when I head out next week!

IMG_7197.jpgIMG_7199.jpg

Nice fish but still banned

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Very nice on a hard day to fish. The weather has been choppy these days, it's a smart move that you decided to move spots into the harbour Ben. The harbour has been firing quite well with pelagics, so I would assume that many ledges around Sydney will be filled with ISO anglers chasing similar species. Pretty cool to see that there are drummer starting to bite inside the harbour, looks like it's time to chase the pigs seriously now! Hope you like the new reel and line mate =)

Great report and photos Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Team.IFL.Gabriel View Post
    Very nice on a hard day to fish. The weather has been choppy these days, it's a smart move that you decided to move spots into the harbour Ben. The harbour has been firing quite well with pelagics, so I would assume that many ledges around Sydney will be filled with ISO anglers chasing similar species. Pretty cool to see that there are drummer starting to bite inside the harbour, looks like it's time to chase the pigs seriously now! Hope you like the new reel and line mate =)

Great report and photos Ben.
    Timmy will guide the way to bust off

Nice work Ben. You seem to be improving very rapidly.
    Just a suggestion. Try using a more lightly weighted setup in the harbour, with say a 2/3B float.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Nice Sesh Ben, seems like you going rambo these days.

Wheres the sashimi photo?

ISO Fishing Lifestyle Team

Homepage: http://isofishinglifestyle.com.au/
    ISO Fishing TV: www.youtube.com/user/IsoFishingTV
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/isofishing

Quote Originally Posted by autocad View Post
    Just a suggestion. Try using a more lightly weighted setup in the harbour, with say a 2/3B float.

That's a good tip Scott! Also Ben, if the bite gets slow, try drop the leader down to 6lb leader and fish as soon as to the bottom you can without snagging too much.

Quote Originally Posted by tiuscdl View Post
    Timmy will guide the way to bust off

I will use heavy leader for no bust-off!

Quote Originally Posted by autocad View Post

Thanks Scott. I've been fishing quite regularly these days.

Noted. I will need to grab some 2/3B floats. Thanks for the advice. I've been using 2 as I have a stack at home that my father bought lol but it definitely feels heavy for the harbour.

Quote Originally Posted by Team.IFL.Gabriel View Post
    That's a good tip Scott! Also Ben, if the bite gets slow, try drop the leader down to 6lb leader and fish as soon as to the bottom you can without snagging too much.
    I've been adjusting with 8 to 12lb but I have incurred more bites on the lighter rig.

I will consider 6lb as well. Thanks Gab.