Thread: New ground

New ground

Today was the day that we decided to try some new ground. I had been eyeing this spot for a while and the conditions of a north westerly breeze presented themselves.

Team was Harry, Jason, vish (unlimted boots), Tim and myself.
    Walk was a good 40-45mins to the ledge.
    We arrive just before first light and proceeded to rig up. I had a few casts for squid and managed to land a few decent size calamari. Harry soon followed with another.
    As it was a new spot. We spread out and fished a few different spots throughout the morning.
    First one was vish with a good 40ish drummer. I followed with a bustoff. We lost alot of rigs as we didn't know the grounds. But still managed a few legal drummer and wrasse.
    Tim landed a few and Harry landed his first legal since our trip many months ago.
    Jason and vish landed a few good bream in the good wash.
    We moved to a deeper ledge to try out and landed more than 20 superlarge yakkas. With most going straight back. Tim landed one which must have gone 40cm.
    Jason landed a massive scorpionfish on a whole yakka fillet. It was a great day with dolphins cruising past several times. Didn't seem to affect the fishing too much.

Hope to do it again soon

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Some more photos

Ready for dinner

Junior Member ISO Beginner ckool's Avatar
    That's a cool report~! the spot looks awesome & good pics too especially the one with vish's new boots lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats some solid central coast calamari there Scott. Those larger sized yakkas/cowenyang, one of my favourite sashimi. Originally was going to get KFC but now I'm going to get Japanese Sushi takeaway after reading this report and seeing the photo.

Vish has reached a whole new level of limited pro with those Shimano shoes, they do look very nice.

ISO Fishing Lifestyle Team

Homepage: http://isofishinglifestyle.com.au/
    ISO Fishing TV: www.youtube.com/user/IsoFishingTV
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/isofishing

Very nice day indeed... Actually quite surprised with calamaries as in most of cc spots are sandy but it means it is possible now to squid most areas at cc.

Good day with you guys... With some good laughs (down the beach) lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Team.IFL.Jay View Post
    Thats some solid central coast calamari there Scott. Those larger sized yakkas/cowenyang, one of my favourite sashimi. Originally was going to get KFC but now I'm going to get Japanese Sushi takeaway after reading this report and seeing the photo.

Vish has reached a whole new level of limited pro with those Shimano shoes, they do look very nice.
    Haha.. great report Scott, u guys make a big fuss about my poor shoes.. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've cracked the code tim, good to see some calamari up your way. I would have thought that it would have been hard to get some squid due to the different structure with so much sand. I guess Vish's shoes gave him the the confidence to catch all of these fish Good to see the crew fishing weekly up on the CC, well done guys! @jason - what a bonus catch with the poor mans lobster!

Excellent plating once again Scott, always make me hungry whenever I see your sashimi.

Junior Member ISO Beginner Ryanmqaf's Avatar
    i know here! Nepean river!

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk