Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Daiwa Sensor Shoregame X

Quote Originally Posted by sysiong View Post
    Daiwa has been quite ambitious about the cast rating from my experience. i would normally leave a safety margin of 20%. Even when i load it up it looks like it can't handle the load and bend way too much that i think it is safe.

On another curious topic they actually suggest a long cast suft reel for this rod. "For optimum performance the Saltist Shore Game X is best matched with long cast spool surf spinning reels like Surf Basia, Procargo and Emblem Surf. ". That is a very weird combo for shore jigging.
    It does make sense if u look from bait fishing point of view actually. Not everyone is into lure fishing be it spinning or shore jigging

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sysiong View Post
    Daiwa has been quite ambitious about the cast rating from my experience. i would normally leave a safety margin of 20%. Even when i load it up it looks like it can't handle the load and bend way too much that i think it is safe.

On another curious topic they actually suggest a long cast suft reel for this rod. "For optimum performance the Saltist Shore Game X is best matched with long cast spool surf spinning reels like Surf Basia, Procargo and Emblem Surf. ". That is a very weird combo for shore jigging.
    I agree with you Yau in regards to Daiwa being ambitious in their casting range for some of the rods. I would say the the Daiwa Lateo 110XH (great rod) is somewhat overrated in my opinion. Sure the rod can cast 100g without too much pressure, but 150g seems like over kill on the rod for how the action is. I can't imagine trying to work even a 120g stickbait or microjig with the rod. The Saltiga rod range however is perfectly rated in my opinion.

Like what Sudar mentioned, some people may use the rod for bait fishing purposes. Although, the action of the rod is more suited towards lures rather than bait in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpy View Post
    Well the cast rating is quite ambitious. I was playing with 962H which is says cast to 100 grm. Did try few popper around that 85/90grm and feel slightly overloaded already, but still able to reach the distance which i am quite satisfy. I found the xh model has a sweet point around that 50/65 grm. Unfortunately the one i play with is out of comission atm due to crack alconite ring on the tip due to the negligence of the apprentice n i am out of the size for the tip.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Hey guys, long time reader first time poster. Just wondering what Shoregame X rod you'd recommend for spinning for Spanish mackerel etc casting lures between 40g and 90g metals and stick Baits. No one in town has a rod to even look at to compare it to my demon blood haha

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy76 View Post
    Hey guys, long time reader first time poster. Just wondering what Shoregame X rod you'd recommend for spinning for Spanish mackerel etc casting lures between 40g and 90g metals and stick Baits. No one in town has a rod to even look at to compare it to my demon blood haha
    Hey mate, if you're looking to chase spanyards whilst spinning up to 90g lures, I would recommend using the 962HS, assuming you're running ~PE4 or so.