Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Groper Rig

Hey Joseph! Ive heard the red smashcrab by fish candy are pretty good!

Quote Originally Posted by Gillings View Post
    Hey Joseph! Ive heard the red smashcrab by fish candy are pretty good!
    Hello Gillings,
    Just searched them up on google, They look amazing!!
    Have you tried them?
    If so can you please give us a full review on the product??

WP_20170908_007[1].jpgEasiest an best because there's only 1 knot an only 1 weak spot which if your chasing big blue groper is a big advantage,they will test every knot in the line.I've fished this basic knot for big groper for the last 30yrs an caught a lot of big blues using it,An it has rarely let me down,The hook is a Trokar 7/0 circle it hangs off 100lb clear Jinki main line with a sinker to match the conditions,don't be afraid to use a good size sinker to get your bait through the pickersWP_20170908_002[1].jpgI'm in the process of working out an ISO rig at the moment I'm trying a 5.0 iso basic floatWP_20170908_012[1].jpg with all the stoppers an beads set depending on depth I'm fishing with a small rubber stopper about 10cm above a small ball sinker to get the bait down fast an the same Trokar hook.I haven't caught anything yet but only used it once

Quote Originally Posted by The Black pig View Post
    WP_20170908_007[1].jpgEasiest an best because there's only 1 knot an only 1 weak spot which if your chasing big blue groper is a big advantage,they will test every knot in the line.I've fished this basic knot for big groper for the last 30yrs an caught a lot of big blues using it,An it has rarely let me down,The hook is a Trokar 7/0 circle it hangs off 100lb clear Jinki main line with a sinker to match the conditions,don't be afraid to use a good size sinker to get your bait through the pickersWP_20170908_002[1].jpgI'm in the process of working out an ISO rig at the moment I'm trying a 5.0 iso basic floatWP_20170908_012[1].jpg with all the stoppers an beads set depending on depth I'm fishing with a small rubber stopper about 10cm above a small ball sinker to get the bait down fast an the same Trokar hook.I haven't caught anything yet but only used it once
    Should work well in drifting your bait along a certain depth without snagging.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk